How are your New Year Resolutions coming along? If you’re serious about achieving the goals you’ve set for yourself, creating a plan is the way to go. Of course, making a plan is easy when you’re talking about losing weight or exercising more (the world’s most popular choices for NY Resolutions every year), but achieving your property goals may take some professional support from your mortgage broker. Here’s how we can help.
Read Related Article: New Year Property Resolution
Read Related Article: New Year Resolution for Your Finances
Read Related Article: Discovering Your Goals
NY RESOLUTION #1: ‘I’M GOING TO BUY MY FIRST HOME IN 2019!’
Buying your first home is exciting and 2019 could be the year to do it. Home values have ceased their rapid rise for the time being and home loan interest rates are still low.
Here’s how your broker can help you get on the property ladder for the first time:
- Creating a budget for your purchase and a savings plan for your deposit
- Exploring alternative ideas for a deposit (like a guarantor’s home loan, for example)
- Providing advice about clearing debt and/ or improving your credit report to make you a more attractive prospect for lenders
- Explaining your borrowing capacity (how much you can afford to repay and how much a lender will lend you based on your income and expenses)
- Going through any grants, concessions or other initiatives like the First Home Super Saver (FHSS) scheme to get you into your own home sooner
- Explaining the different types of home loans and how you can use them to save money
- Comparing the market to help you find the most suitable home loan for your needs
- Referring you to reputable professionals such as valuators, conveyancers and solicitors, accountants etc.
- Organising pre-approval on your home loan so you know how much you can spend and save time on your property search
- Overseeing all the loan application paperwork
- Offering support throughout your entire home ownership journey and beyond. We can answer your questions at any time to ensure your home loan remains competitive
NY RESOLUTION #2: ‘I’M GOING TO MOVE INTO MY NEXT HOME IN 2019!’
Upsizing, downsizing, sea-change, tree-change – whatever your motivation for moving into your next home in 2019, just ask us to help you and make it happen! Even if you already know the drill for purchasing a home, it’s worth having a professional on your team when buying your next place. There’s a lot more to consider. Ask us about:
- Using the equity in your current home as a deposit for your next home
- The costs involved
- Bridging finance
- Property and suburb reports to help guide your purchasing decision
NY RESOLUTION #3: ‘I’M GOING TO INVEST IN PROPERTY IN 2019!’
A goodie for 2019! We can help with:
- Working with your accountant and/or financial planner on your investment strategy
- Structuring your loan correctly to maximise the tax effectiveness of your investment
- Comparing the loan market to find the right loan products to meet your investment strategy
- Getting loan pre-approval and ensuring your loan application goes smoothly
- Crunching the numbers (for things like your anticipated rental yield or out-of-pocket costs)
- Comprehensive suburb and property reports to help you choose the right property
- Accessing equity in your home or from another investment property to use as a deposit
- Offering referrals to reputable property managers and other professionals
IF YOU HAVE A 2019 PROPERTY GOAL, GIVE US A CALL!
A goal without a plan is just a wish, so let’s start planning and make your goals a reality this year. Please get in touch today!
FINANCE FOCUS | JANUARY 2019
The information provided in this page is general in nature and does not constitute personal financial advice. The information has been prepared without taking into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Before acting on any information you should consider the appropriateness of the information with regard to your objectives, financial situation and needs. You should seek independent advice from your financial adviser before making any decisions.
AUSTRALIAN MORTGAGE AND FINANCIAL ADVISERS (AMAFA)
Phone: 07 3378 2056
Fax: 07 3378 2069